Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hmmm.....

I haven't really done too much this week except prepare notes and transcripts and such, so I could begin writing my paper. It's incredible the amount of data I have collected - I have a huge folder on my Desktop labeled "ISP" and there must be about thirty files there, in addition to all of the webpages I've bookmarked. Then there are all of my interviews and the materials that those organizations provided me, and the books and published reports that I've managed to get my hands on. I went from knowing to pretty much nothing about the Roma people here, to having all of this new knowledge to synthesize for my final paper. It's hard to know where to start!

I decided to accompany my roommate Gaby to Kosovo this weekend. We're going to Pristina, the capital, early tommorow morning and coming back Saturday afternoon. She needs to go there to do an interview for her project and I thought it would be better if I went with her. I got in touch with the Women for Women office, but they are closed tomorrow, because May 1 is International Labor Day. :-(

I have a meeting with my project advisor in two hours, out at the Palace, and I have a few errands to run before then. More later & I'll write about Kosovo when I get back!!

P.S. What is all this about swine flu? Hype? Seeing that there are visa regimes for Serbians in nearly every country and hence, they don't do a lot of international travelling, I think I'm pretty safe. Now, go wash your hands. With hot water and soap. None of that Purell nonsense. Seriously. Go wash them.

No comments: