Friday, January 30, 2009

Rukomet!!!!!!!! (Handball)

So, Zagreb is a little bit wild right now, as Croatia has just won their semi-final of the men's handball championship - they play France on Sunday.

I get "adopted" by my host family tomorrow - we're going to a big reception and meeting them, then moving in. I'll be glad to move in, unpack, get settled.

I went to meet with Goga, our program assistant, yesterday, to do an interview with her regarding my homestay - I didn't know that we really had any choice/agency in the matter, so I didn't give it ANY thought at all.... so I told her that I think I'd like a larger family (with more people to talk to), maybe some kids to interact with. SO, we'll see!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jen 珍妮 said...

Hey Liz! You´re still not with a host? I haven't started school yet. Tomorrow, my bday, is orientation. Go figure! It's just my host mom and me, here in Madrid. She's sweet and told me to think of her like a sister. I'm sure you'll get along great with whoever you get!

~LFS