Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ž is for Žohar

So far, everything is surreal. I can't believe I'm back in Europe, in eastern Europe. Croatia is where it is AT. There is an incredible mix of culture that is absolutely fascinating.

I am in love with the Croatian language too. I've definitely jumped right into it, I want to learn as much of it as possible while I'm here, it has its outrageous benefits. For example: I asked the hostel manager how much 30 minutes of internet cost (something like, ''Koliko košta trideset minuta internet?'') - she said, ''For you, free.''

Ž is for Žohar (cockroach) - we were practicing the Croatian alphabet in class today, that was the first word that came into my head when Marija, our language instructor, asked us what started with Ž (zhuh).

So, short post for now, I want to Skype home before my time runs out. Love to all.

P.S. I got a fantastic Italian dinner with wine last night for 35 kuna (about $7 - everyone NEEDS to make the trip!!!)

4 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

That's crazy how cheap your food was. I just may have to hop a flight out there and get some Italian food and wine. haha!

KK said...

Hi Izzie - Oma tried writing to you, but then I had to sign up for an account and then lost all her text. She said that the Italian Dinner sounded GREAT.

Unknown said...

Hey, this is your DC tante! Wish you could have gotten back down to DC for the inauguration; it was unbelievable! Trude, I and the New Yorkers all missed you; as chair of Catholic's Democrat committee, you would have really dug the events of that incredible day. I've got lots of pics and will send to you when I compile all of them. Probably will post to a website.

Love ya, and keep the posts coming!

AC

Jeannie Goes Global said...

Liz,
I'm so glad you're having fun!
YOU"RE SO LUCKY YOU GET GOOD CHEAP FOOD!!