Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In Prague

Hi everyone -

On my last jaunt of The Tour, Prague.

I really enjoyed the last few days in Berlin. It is a very special city! Everything was great - I think celebrating the the 60th anniversary of the creation of the Federal Republic of Germany (West Germany) on Saturday at the Brandenburg Gate was the highlight. I saw Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor (forgot to mention that in the last post!).

I went to Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and KaDeWe (the biggest department store on the European continent) yesterday, and did a few other things that are now slipping my mind.

I had a nice train ride from Berlin, about 4 1/2 hours, this afternoon and found my beautiful hostel very easily. I am so surprise at how closely the Czech and Croatian languages are - I can read signs with almost no problem!

Enjoying the free internet and a quiet evening in before touring Prague tomorrow...